Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Mighty Little Mudroom

On this cold, wet day I thought it would be apropos to share some pictures of my little mudroom. The addition of the mudroom was one of the wisest renovation decisions we've made. I was tired of  tracking debris into the house, and I was equally tired of tripping over my kids' shoes and backpacks.What a difference it has made in the daily cleaning.

I painted the bead board a pistachio green. The old bike basket holds our daily plastic and aluminum so we can easily take it to the community recycling bins. The bench is an antique from my childhood.


My husband and a friend laid the brick in a herringbone pattern.


The upper cabinet holds small gardening tools;the lower cabinet holds my kids' swim shoes, flip flops,and soccer cleats.





Linking to:"Inspiration Friday" At The Picket Fence
"Feathered Nest Friday" at French Country Cottage


6 comments:

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Ann-Marie, you've taken a mere sliver of space and made it a very charming spot for your family. The wall color makes a divine backdrop for the brick and red cabinet.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

This is fabulous! I am so impressed what you did in this space! The red hutch is amazing! And, the floor and paint color are beautiful, too! Thanks for your visit and sweet note about my mudroom! I am your newest follower. :-). *

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Martina said...

This space is wonderful!! Love the beadboard and I LOVE that red cabinet! Martina

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

It's amazing how such a small area can make your life so much easier. You've put a tiny space to good use and it looks wonderful!
Maura :)

radn said...

Love the brick flooring!

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Ann-Marie! Oh, I just love this space! The brick is perfect and the wall color is just lovely. You showed how important it is is give even the smallest of spaces that extra attention and it looks like something you would see in the English countryside. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa