Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Look at the Library

I choose to call my front room the library. It's a modestly proportioned room with a built- in bookcase and a fireplace for chilly nights.


I helped our contractor install the woodwork and paint the room-it was a major undertaking.
My dogs, Birdie & Nutkin, are sitting on the oxblood leather chair.
 

There is my beloved Ernest mounted above the fireplace. I found him at an antique store and instantly fell in love.

                                     The built-in bookcase is my favorite feature in the room.


 
The woodwork covers the walls and ceiling.
 
 
A small sofa in the library.
 

                                                              Decorated for a Christmas.


 
 
 

5 comments:

Michele Smith said...

Beautiful! I just love your rooms, they are full of so much warmth and comfort and I can tell you put so much love into them as well. I LOVE your style!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

GORGEOUS!!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is such a gorgeous, cozy room, I would spend all my spare time in it! Lovely fireplace and the shelves of books are just wonderful. It looks like the pups are very happy here! :)

XO,
Jane

Shelia said...

What a beautiful room and I love your style.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Kim said...

Oh so warm and cozy Ann-Marie! If you lived closer I'd invite myself over for tea.
xoxo,
Kim