Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bedroom Redo: The Mantel

Here are some photos of the mantel in my daughter's room. I have a few more projects to do before I finish the room, but my life has suddenly become extremely busy and I am lucky if I even get dinner made and the laundry done.

 
I just wanted a quick and inexpensive mantel makeover.
 
 
Here is a grainy before photo of the mantel-dark and boring.
 
 
I  painted the mantel a glossy ivory. I did not want to spend much on decor- I painted the backside of art I already had with a buffalo check and I added some vessels from the thrift store.
 
 
I've had this antique dress form for years and love the way it looks in this room.
 
 
 
I prefer the simple look of the mantel and my daughter seems pleased too.
 
 












6 comments:

Kim said...

What an enchanting room you've created for your daughter Ann-Marie. I especially love the art on the mantle - I must Pin that!! I love how your entire home flows so well. No matter what room you are in, it has your signature whimsical cottage style. Perfection!
xoxo,
Kim

Marie Angelique said...

I love this room and the mantel looks beautiful. I am all about simplicity and this just speaks to me. But what I really love about the room are those walls. Wow!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Looks great, Ann-Marie!
I did not know you were back blogging!

How exciting for all of us.
:)
Love your style.

xoxox
Alison

Connie said...

Hello Ann Marie, your mantel redo is wonderful. I love the gray and white with the pops of color in your frame and chair. Now, that ceiling of yours is awesome . . . I have never seen anything like it, totally gorgeous:)
I am your newest follower and I would be honored to have you visit and follow me back. I'm a retired wife, mother and grandma, that enjoys each lovely day of my life.

Have a delightful weekend, I do hope I hear from you,
Connie :)

Linenqueen said...

Great job, there is awesome power in simplicity.

Cindy said...

The mantel makeover is really beautiful, as is your whole house. Really gorgoues, I love your style!
Cindy